Bookmark and Share this Story:
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Fark
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • del.icio.us
  • Mixx
  • Slashdot
  • E-mail this story to a friend!

Quite Possibly The First Twitter Related Death

Posted by YBMW Staff on June 22nd, 2009
(Be the First to Rate This Post)
Loading ... Loading ...

Croatian Times reports that a Romanian teenager was accidentally electrocuted in her bathtub last week while she Twittered on her laptop.

Maria Barbu, 17, was found and pronounced dead in the bathroom of her Brasov home in central Romania by her parents. Her laptop was lying next to her in the tub.

Police believe the girl died during a long session on the social networking site Twitter as she soaked in the tub. Apparently, the battery died on Barbu’s laptop and she tried to plug it in with wet hands.

It’s tradition to not speak ill of the dead, but man, what a dumbass! RIP Barbu, hope you’re now in Twitter Heaven.

Source: APP

RSS feed | Trackback URI

Comments »

No comments yet.

You're not logged in. Please log in to comment. Not a member? Register and join YouBentMyWookie now. It's fun, free, and pure unadulterated awesomeness!


Trackback responses to this post