It’s a big day for tech today as Apple has just unveiled their iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The new phones will have bigger displays (iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch display. iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch display) and better resolution (iPhone 6 has a resolution of 1334 by 750 with 326 pixels per inch. For a more than 720p Retina HD display. iPhone 6 Plus has a resolution of 1920 by 1080 with 401 pixels per inch. That’s full 1080p HD resolution). They will also be much thinner and have up to 50% more battery life. They are also claiming that the iphone 6 Plus will have better gaming capacity than next gen consoles.
First, here’s the most important news:
iPhone 6 starts at $199 with a two-year contract. It comes in gold, silver, and space gray. The 16 gig model is $199, the 64 gig model is $299, and the 128 gig model is $399.
iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299 with a two-year contract. It comes in gold, silver, and space gray. The 16 gig model is $299, the 64 gig model is $399, and the 128 gig model is $499.
Pre-order your iPhone 6 starting September 12. Get it starting the 19th.
One of the biggest new features is the The M8 coprocessor, which continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass. This means that Apple is jumping headlong into the exploding health market.
The Health app in iOS 8 measures physical activities, like the flights of stairs you climb. Third-party apps will be able to tap into these features. The barometer in the iPhone 6 senses air pressure to relative elevation and can tell whether you are going up a little hill or a big mountain.
The iPhone 6 has an 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture. And an all-new sensor. Additionally,
Faster autofocus, next-generation local tone mapping, and advanced noise reduction. It’s a mouthful that gives you a real eyeful. The new ISP helps with both shaky hands and low light.
– iPhone 6 is better at detecting faces near and far.
– Burst mode detects smiles and blinks, then recommends the best picture.
-iPhone 6 can take up to 10 photos per second. Then you select the very best one.
-It uses the new sensor to automatically take a single HDR photo when the moment is perfect.
Additionally, the phone will have improved video capacity.
– Capture slo-mo video at 120 fps or 240 fps.
– iPhone 6 has incredible advances in video. Starting with a new Apple-designed video encoder.
– Thanks to Focus Pixels, focus changes are automatic and almost undetectable.
– The FaceTime HD camera has an all-new sensor and larger ƒ/2.2 aperture that lets in over 80% more light.
– Apple Pay is the new payment system that will allow you to start living cashless and cardless.
– It will eliminate having to carry credit cards or being exposed to things like skimming and rfid based theft.
– Cards can be added to the phone by taking a picture of them.
– When you pay, your sale is authorized by your fingerprint.
– Apple Pay will work with the three major payment networks: American Express, MasterCard, and Visa.
– Apple Pay works with the top bank issuers that handle 83% of the credit card purchase volume.
– It comes with both the iphone 6 and 6 plus.
– Many online retails are already on-board. Joining by the end of the year: Disney, Seamless, Instacart, Sephora, Nordstrom, Chipotle, and MLB.com.
– Apple Pay will be available in the U.S. in October 2014. And work is underway to take it worldwide in the near future.
– Wi-Fi calling is a new feature for making high-quality calls when cell conditions are poor.
– With 802.11ac, iPhone 6 Wi-Fi speeds are up to three times faster than iPhone 5s.
-iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus come with iOS 8.
– The predictive keyboard learns your conversation style and helps you answer accordingly.
– Add voice, video, and location to any message.
– The new Health app gives you a detailed look at your health and fitness data.
– Touch ID lets you securely and easily access content in other apps.
– More ecologically friendly than any previous iPhone
The Apple Watch was introduced during the second half of the presentation and it looks like it is going to change the face of the wearables industry. Tim Cook introduced it by saying ““Apple Watch is the most personal device we’ve ever created.””
– It’s a comprehensive health and fitness companion.
– It’s an extremely precise and customizable timepiece.
– Apple Watch introduces the Digital Crown. It’s a versatile tool that answers the fundamental challenge of how to magnify content on a small display.
– With the Digital Crown, you can scroll, zoom, and navigate Apple Watch without covering the display.
– Apple Watch has a flexible Retina display.
It’s laminated to a single crystal of sapphire, the hardest transparent material after diamond.
– Infrared and visible-light LEDs, along with photosensors, detect your pulse rate.
Working with other technologies in Apple Watch, these help provide a comprehensive picture of your daily activity.
– Apple Watch is built from custom alloys of stainless steel, aluminum, and 18-karat gold. With bands as thoughtfully designed as the watch itself.
– To get to the clock, tap the Clock app icon.
– To switch between watch face designs, just use Force Touch and swipe. To choose a watch face, tap it.
– 2:22 p.m.
Swipe up on the watch face for Glances — condensed, easily scannable views of the apps you use most.
– Send preset phrases, smart responses based on your conversation, audio messages, your location — even interactive emojis.
– Dictate a message, check your calendar, find the nearest coffee shop, and more. Siri is at your service.
– With Maps, Apple Watch can show your current location, turn-by-turn directions, and how long it will take to get to your destination.
– Send a flower. Send a fish. Send any sketch with your finger.
– From Friends, you can make a call, send a message, or connect with new Digital Touch features.
– If your friend has an Apple Watch, you can give them a gentle tap on the wrist, even if they’re thousands of miles away.
– Press two fingers on the screen to capture and send your heartbeat.
– WatchKit gives developers all the tools they need to extend their apps to Apple Watch.
– Apps built with WatchKit take advantage of the larger battery and processing power in your iPhone. While displaying the app on Apple Watch.
– Starwood Hotels will allow you to open your hotel door with your Apple Watch
– BMW will use the apple watch to help you find where you have parked
– The Activity app shows three rings: one for Move, one for Exercise, and one for Stand.
– The Stand ring shows how often you’ve stood up to take a break from sitting./ The Exercise ring measures brisk activity./ The Move ring gives you an overview of how active you are.
– You can track your progress over time in more detail with the Fitness app on iPhone.
It stores all your activity data, and lets you see your workout history whenever you want.
– Apple Watch will start at $349. And will be available early next year
– Apple Watch will have apple pay.