There’s a delicious rumor going around currently that Rocksteady, the developers of “Batman: Arkham City” is developing a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game called “The Manhattan Crisis.”
While this is officially a big fat rumor, there are plenty of legitimate leaked details solidifying the rumor. Additionally, while nothing has been confirmed, no one at Rocksteady had denied the rumor.
Here’s what’s been rumored so far:
– All four Turtles will be playable, with flashbacks played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
– Gameplay and story/stage progression will be similar to Batman: Arkham City.
– Bosses include Bebop and Rocksteady, Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang. In the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
– The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be included.
– The game will use Arkham City‘s graphics engine.
– The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick.
Finally, although the name of the game is similar, there’s reportedly no connection between this project and 1992′s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project.