Christian Bale says the next Batman film will be his last as the caped crusader.

“Unless Chris (Nolan) says different, this will be the last time I’m playing Batman,” Bale recently told E!.

This makes sense, considering director Christopher Nolan has previously said that “The Dark Knight Rises” is planned as the final chapter in his reboot of the franchise.

As for the film itself, Bale says he doesn’t really have any insight into the much anticipated third installment.

“Until Chris tells me, I don’t believe it,” Bale says. “It’s gotta be from his mouth, or else I don’t really know.”

“He will let me know what I need to know when I need to know it. I probably know a little bit more than some other people out there, but I think most people would be surprised at how little I do know.”

“It just hasn’t been necessary yet. I know he’ll give me plenty of time to prepare for whatever I need to, and I’ll discover it.”

“He’s a pretty damn good filmmaker. I trust that he’s going to come up with something wonderful.”

Michael Caine, who plays Alfred, recently said that the cast is expected to get the script in January, beginning shooting in May, and wrap up in November.

Currently Bale is finishing up on his latest film “The Fighter,” in which he plays a former welterweight boxer. Bale will costar alongside Mark Wahlberg.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is expected to hit theaters on July 20, 2012.

Source: TVShark

Leave a Reply