If you haven’t been able to find a good reason to play Pokémon GO lately, the mobile app just made an announcement that could be more treat than trick. No, they haven’t gotten trading or training battles yet. It can also still be frustrating as hell to capture even a basic pidgey, but at least there will be some pretty cool perks.
The promotion, which begins on October 26 and lasts until November 1, is going to give trainers a chance to do their own version of trick or treating. Here are the details:
1. During the promotion, catching any Pokemon will give you 6 candies instead of the normal 3.
2. You will get 2 candies for every transfer to the Professor.
3. Your Buddy will earn candies at 4x the rate of normal.
4. You will get 2x the candy that you normally get from hatching an egg.
5. The following Pokemon will be much more common during the promotion: Zubat, Golbat, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Drowzee, and Hypno.