Director and producer Bryan Singer recently spoke with Ain’t it Cool News and revealed some major plot details on Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming “X-Men: First Class,” which will bring to life for the first time, Silver Age Marvel characters.
– The movie is set in the 1960’s with JFK as the President of the United States. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X are on TV doing marches. There is a spirit of a hopeful future that was prevalent in that time.
– Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr will meet in their twenties. Xavier will not be in his wheelchair, but we will see how he ends up in one and when he starts loosing his hair.
– Vaughn is technologically inspired by James Bond’s tech of the time. The costumes will be far more comic bookish than we’ve seen before.
– The movie will not be based on the First Class Comic book. It will be a new beginning for the X-Men.
– January Jones and Kevin Bacon will play Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw – so fans can expect the Hellfire Club.
– Filming will begin Xavier at Oxford University. There will be more of an international feel than the prior “X-Men” movies.
– Singer Also revealed that we will see some costumes from the film in about a month!!
So there you go, almost everything you’d want to know about the new film without being completely spoiled. This sounds like it’s shaping up to be the best X-Men movie to date and I cannot wait too see what Vaughn’s vision of the Silver Aged X-Men will look like. Definitely get hyped for this film folks.