Along with the tremendous amount of Easter eggs that Jj Abrams threw into Star Wars: The Force Awakens, that gave die hard fans little moments of magic, he also stuffed the film with celebrity cameos that most people didn’t even know about until well after they’d seen the film. It looks like Rian Johnson is going to keep the tradition alive when Star Wars: Episode VIII rolls out. If you don’t want to know more. Stop reading now.
OK, but you’ve been warned.
Makingstarwars not only was able to confirm that Tom Hardy has a small role in the film, but they also know pretty much exactly what it will be. It appears that the new trilogy is going to make the famous Stormtrooper a running gag. In Force Awakens, it was Daniel Craig as the trooper on whom Rey first used Jedi Mind Tricks, and now it will be Tom Hardy picking up the mantle in the new chapter.
Here’s what MakingStarwars is reporting happens in the scene:
– Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
– Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 (Finn) on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
– The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
– FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
– The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
– The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
– FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
I’m happy to hear that the fun tone of The Force Awakens looks to be alive and well in Episode VIII