After delays from both COVID-19 and Jon Cho’s ACL injury, the Netflix live-action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop is back in production in New Zealand and we are one step closer to seeing if the streaming network can stick the landing on one of the best animes ever made.
Today, Netflix has announced six new cast members joining the show. They include:
- Geoff Stults (Stargirl) as Chalmers, Jet’s ex-partner
- Tamara Tunie (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) as Ana, Martian club owner
- Mason Alexander Park (iCarly) as Gren, Ana’s right-hand person
- Rachel House (Thor: Ragnarok as Mao, White Tigers Capo
- Ann Truong and Hoa Xuande (Hungry Ghosts) as Shin and Lin, Vicious’s twin henchmen
If everything goes according to plan, we’ll hopefully be seeing Cho on-screen as Spike Spiegel sometime in 2021.