Collider cornered director Michael Bay on the red carpet the other day and peppered him with questionsa bout his new Transformers sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Here’s the fine points on what we just learned:
1. “It’s bigger, and It’s not just trying to be bigger to be bigger” … “This one is Epic in scale”
2. “The robots have much more personality.” – Which was a common fan complaint of the first film. Bay blamed the technology, but now says they’ve figured out how to make the Transformers emote.
3. “I know the fans wanted it Darker, we made it darker…” – Sounds like this could be the Empire Strikes Back of the Transformers trilogy… speaking of which….
4. Bay says he would return for a third film, but he’s taking a year off no matter what.
5. The running time is currently 2 hours and 20 minutes, but Bay is still deep into editing
So far so good… Now let’s just hope it lives up to at least half the hype and we’ll be in for a good movie.