If you had a hard time making the transition from the classic animation style of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the recent Nickelodeon series, you are going to need a minute to get used to the new designs for ‘Rise Of The Ninja Turtles.’
The new series will be ditching the 3D style in favor of a graffiti inspired 2D animation style. The voices for the show are:
– Omar Miller as Raphael, the oldest and biggest brother and the leader, full of enthusiasm and bravado. –
– Ben Schwartz as Leonardo, the self-professed “coolest” brother who possesses irreverent charm and a rebel heart.
– Josh Brener as Donatello, a mechanical genius and tech wizard whose ninja skills are second only to his coding.
– Brandon Mychal Smith: as Michelangelo, the youngest brother, a skateboarder and artist who is wild and imaginative.
– Kat Graham as April O’Neil
– Eric Bauza as Splinter
– And John Cena as Baron Draxum, an alchemist warrior mutant who seeks to turn all of humanity into mutants.
While I can’t say that I love the character designs here, it’s hard to judge an animated series from a single image. More important will be the story and the acting on the show. For that, I’ve got really high hopes about director Robert Paulsen who comes to the series as a former Ninja Turtle himself.