Regal Cinemas finally has an official opening date for their theaters in the US. According to reports, the theater chain is planning a phased re-open, starting with 546 theaters on July 10th. This will be just a couple of weeks after limited openings on screens in the UK, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Poland in late June. Heres what Cineworld CE,O Mooky Greidinger had to say:
“We are thrilled to be back and encouraged by recent surveys that show that many people have missed going to the movie theatre. With a strong slate confirmed for the coming weeks, including among others Tenet, Mulan, A Quiet Place Part II, Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow,[No Time to Die], Soul, Top Gun: Maverick, and many more, the entire Cineworld team remains committed to being ‘the best place to watch a movie.”
We just hope that the recent rise in Covid-19 cases doesn’t squash this plan before it starts.
Check out the full announcement below:
Regal Reopening Begins July 10
New Safety and Health Procedures at all Regal Theatres
Regal announces plans for the reopening of theatres starting Friday, July 10. Reopening plans include a wide range of new health and safety measures based on guidelines provided from the CDC and other public health organizations. The plan also includes safety measures based on feedback received from employees and moviegoers they have deemed most important for their return. Regal will also provide new contactless payment options and innovative sanitizing methods including:
- Contactless payment. Along with the ability to purchase tickets in advance on the Regal mobile app, guests will now have the ability to purchase concession items from the app.
- ULV Foggers. Employees will sanitize every auditorium and seat after each movie using new electrostatic ‘fogger’ equipment. This form of deep sanitization is highly effective in disinfecting all materials with a non-toxic formula that is fast drying.
Along with the above procedures, each theatre will sanitize high-contact points on an increased schedule and use floor markers throughout the building to assist with social distancing. Additionally, the following safety measures that cover the entire moviegoing experience will be implemented, providing a safe venue for employees and guests:
- Regal employees will undergo daily health screenings including temperature checks where mandated.
- Employees will be required to wash hands at minimum every 30 to 60 minutes, dependent on job role.
- Where required by local governance, all employees and guests will wear masks.
- Greeters will be located in the lobby to assist guests with new procedural changes.
- Guests will be encouraged to proceed to their auditorium as soon as possible, and exit the theatre in a timely manner at the conclusion of their movie
- Wall mounted sanitizer dispensers will be available on either side of the main entrance.
- Arcade games and vending machines will remain closed. Additionally, water fountains will not be available for use.
THE CONCESSION STAND
- Every other register will be closed to maintain social distancing.
- A reduced menu offering will be temporarily available
- Self-service condiment stands will be closed.
- Refills on large drinks and popcorn will be suspended.
- Locations featuring diners, restaurants and in-theatre ordering will have these services temporarily suspended.
- Locations with bars will remain open for walk-up service only.
- Where required by state or county mandate, auditorium capacities will be reduced to 50%.
- Our reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.
- At theatres where performances are non-reserved, you will be requested to leave two seats between groups.
- Group sizes will only be limited where required by a state or county mandate.
Source: The Wrap