One of the coolest panels today at Comic Con was the Pixar Panel which starred John Lasseter and one of my animation idols, Hayao Miyazaki. I’m not even sure where to start, so I’ll just give a brief run down of what you all missed out on.
– The started off with a screening of the opening for Toy Story 2 in 3D. Holy crap it looks great.. and clean.. not all fuzzy.
– Next Lasseter talked about how it was only a matter of time before movie theaters caught up with Pixar’s 3D style and how he’s excited about the Toy story 1/2 double bill that’s coming out in 3D this October.
– Next They showed the 3D trailer for the double bill. It had Woody, Buzz and Jessie goofing around in 3D and Rex freaking out because he was still only in in 2D. Figure that you’ll probably see this with any 3D movie you go see this summer.
– Next was the Toy Story 3 update. All the voices are recorded… Michael Keaton will be Ken from Ken and Barbie. The animation is about 1/4 complete and st the story deals with what happens when Andy leaves the toys behind and goes to college.
– Some great clips from Princess and the Frog
– A hilarious preview of a new Pixar Animated holiday special for ABC about the elves who get houses ready for santa’s arrival. It’s called Prep and Landing and you’ll laugh your lump of coal off.
– Finally, Hayao Miyazaki showed off a clip from Ponyo… I don’t have words to describe how cool that was.