Fans got a lot more than they were expecting when they went to today’s Hall H Panel for Kingsman: The Golden Circle. The panel, which was moderated by Jonathan Ross, got under way with a special animated short from Archer, showing the first meeting between the the H John Benjamin voiced spy and Taron Edgerton’s Eggsy. Thankfully, FOX was kind enough to throw the clip online so everyone who couldn’t be there could still enjoy it:
The clip was then followed by the film’s opening sequence, an extended chase scene between Eggsy and Charlie (Edward Holcroft), before the actual panel got underway. That’s when fans were treated to the appearance of Taron Edgerton, Colin Firth, Channing Tatum, Pedro Pascal, Jeff Bridges, Halle Berry, as well as Jane Goldman, Dave Gibbons.
– The goal for the tone of The Statesmen was to make them the “Southern Gentlemen” equivalent of the Kingsman. That is why, compared to the Kingsman’s tailor shop cover, The Statesmen use a a Kentucky
– Halle Berry’s name in the film is “Ginger Ale.” About the character, Berry said: “She’s a mixer, I’m mixed, which is why they chose me.” Her character is the American Equivalent of Mark Strong in The Kingsmen.
– Bull whips are a popular weapon for the Statesmen. Pedro Pascal got special training to use one (he can be seen in the new trailer, using a lasso to cut someone in half).
– Tatum talked about how he was such a big fan of the original film that he begged for a role in the sequel.
– A clip was shown that sets up Julianne Moore, as the film’s antagonist, Poppy. In the clip, we see that she is set up in 50’s styled sets. We also see in the clip that “The Golden Cirlcle” is a human branding that people undergo to show their loyalty.
– At one point in the panel, Channing Tatum began passing out shots of Whiskey to the cast. For Berry, who was rumored to be pregnant, but is clearly not, he poured a pint glass of whiskey, which she quickly downed to the chants of the crowd yelling: “Chug! Chug!”
Here’s a clip of Halle Berry chugging five shots of whiskey for the fans:
You can watch the majority of the panel below: