This might just be the coolest toy contest that we’ve ever seen from a toy company… and we really aren’t surprised that it would come from Mezco! Their Living Dead Doll series has been going through their 13th anniversary and a big part of that has been monthly contests. Now, they will be giving one lucky winner the chance to make the leap from fan to infamy by making them part of the Living Dead Doll Collection. We’re not just talking about one cool custom piece either… We’re talking about becoming a Living Dead doll that will be an actual part of an upcoming series!
There’s a lot of details on the contest, So I’m just going to shut up now and let you find out how to enter:
New York- Mezco’s 13th Anniversary celebration has stretched over the past 12 months. The celebration has been filled with a party, limited edition anniversary versions of Sadie and Sin, a special 13th Anniversary re-issue of the much sought after series 1 dolls, Die-O-Ramas, a collectible coin, glowing mugs, a transforming lenticular, limited edition banners, pins, a very exclusive canvas print, and much more.
One of the highlights of the celebration has been the monthly contests. Now, as the 13th and final month begins, Mezco reveals the final competition and the grand prize.
The final competition is a simple one, giving all Living Dead Doll fans an equal chance to win regardless of skill set;
Simply send a postcard via traditional mail to Mezco at:
ATTN: Living Dead Dolls Contest 13
2107 Borden Ave
LIC NY 11101-4505
The back of the postcard must contain:
Your full legal name,
Your phone #
The # of years you have been collecting LDD and date of birth (you must be 18 years of age or older, see rules).
Postcards must arrive at Mezco by 4pm EST on Friday February 10th.
Mezco’s secret cabal of judges will then randomly select a winner from all postcards received.
Then the real fun begins.
Each winner from the 13 contests will be represented by a Living Dead Doll head inscribed with a contest number. One of the creators of the Living dead Dolls; Ed, Damien, or Mez, will randomly select one of the heads and the winner of the contest that corresponds to the head shall win the Grand Prize!
So what is the grand prize?
To say it is a collector’s dream is an understatement.
The grand prize winner will be “transformed” into a Living Dead Doll and that doll will be included in Living Dead Dolls series 24 or 25. This Living Dead Doll doppelganger will both be inspired by the winner’s physical appearance as well as bear a form of their name. The winner will receive a full set of the series their doll is part of, as well as 13 copies of their doll autographed by Mez, Ed, or Damien.
This is the first and only time a Living Dead Doll has been based on and named after a contest winning Living Dead Doll fan. The winner will also receive a full size copy of their doll’s death certificate on a plaque.
Truly, this will be a fantasy come true for any Living Dead Doll collector…and all you need to do is mail a postcard.
The 13th Contest Prize:
The winner will receive an Anniversary Prize Package that includes a limited edition anniversary coin, a limited edition anniversary die cast pin, a limited edition Living Dead Dolls lenticular photo, and a Celebration Sadie doll.
The Grand Prize Winner:
The grand prize winner will be have their name and likeness used* as the basis for a Living Dead Doll to be included in Living Dead Dolls series 24 or 25. The winner will receive a full set of the series their doll is part of, as well as 13 copies of their doll autographed by either Mez, Ed, or Damien. The winner will also receive a full size copy of their doll’s death certificate on a plaque.
1. Contest is open worldwide.
2. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. If you are younger than 18 have a parent or legal guardian enter for you.
3. Winners of random email contests will be chosen at random from emails received.
4. Entrants must send entries using the correct contest entry email address, subject line, and any other specific entry information requested in the contest announcement.
5. Mezco Toyz is not responsible for and will not consider any incomplete or incorrect entries, or emails sent or entries mailed but not received by Mezco Toyz for any reason, as potential contest winners.
6. Winners of all contests will be contacted at the “sender” email used to enter the contest, and the person receiving and replying to the winner announcement email will be considered the winner unless they specify another person within the reply email as the winner. Mezco Toyz will mail the contest prize to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement email.
7. Only one entry per email address used to send the email or per postal address, if entry is mailed, will be considered for contest entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the contest posting. Unless otherwise specified in an individual contest post, no person may enter any contest more than once using multiple email addresses or postal addresses.
Submission of photo, text or other content for Contests
8. Entries selected for display and to win “best of” contests and any other contests requiring photo, text or other content from the entrants will be judged entirely at the discretion of Mezco Toyz.
9. By submitting any photo or information to Mezco Toyz, you hereby grant to Mezco Toyz and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose without further compensation to the creator and/or entrant.. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Mezco Toyz includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted material;
10.By submitting any photo or information to Mezco Toyz , you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Mezco Toyz herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances;
11.You acknowledge and agree that Mezco Toyz shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you, and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to Mezco Toyz ;
12.You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to Mezco Toyz may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information you submit to Mezco Toyz . By submitting any photo or information to Mezco Toyz , you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo or information submitted by you to Mezco Toyz .
13.You hereby agree to hold Mezco Toyz and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any Mezco Toyz site, or any other use authorized under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to Mezco Toyz by you;
14.Photos or information submitted by you to the Site shall be the property of Mezco Toyz, and Mezco Toyz shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any photos or information so submitted.
15.Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. Each prizewinner must supply Mezco Toyz with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.
16.Neither Mezco Toyz , Mezco Toyz , nor employees of Mezco Toyz or sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once possession has been taken of the product by winner. Mezco Toyz is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by Mezco Toyz .
17.If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, Mezco Toyz may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
18.Mezco Toyz reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at anytime.
19. Grand Prize winner must sign a Release Form within 7 days of being selected or they will forfeit the prizes and substitutes will not be provided.
20. Void where prohibited.