ThinkGeek, this is disturbingly real and available right now for $49.99 – $179.99. An officially licensed Apple product, the Playmobil Apple store playset comes with mindless consumers and its very own Steve Jobs ready to indoctrinate your children into the Apple faux counter-consumer hipster cult. Pretty shameless and disgusting if you ask me.
Product info from TG:
Stylish technology nuggets made by Apple… we just can’t seem to get enough. From iPod, to MacBook, to iPhone, to iPad. Even if we laugh our way through the announcement, thinking we’ll “never buy an overgrown iPhone”… it happens again.
So when we spotted this amazing Apple Store Playset from PLAYMOBIL™ we were admittedly in a bit of a conundrum. On the one hand, it’s a product designed for children much younger than ourselves. On the other hand, it’s a tiny representation of the store which sells us all the shiny Apple goodies we can’t resist. Then we noticed that the PLAYMOBIL™ iStore includes amazingly tiny iPhones, Macbooks, and iPads. Our resolve began to waver. A quick peek at the miniature Genius Bar and we were feeling a bit woozy. Then we saw the tiny Steve Jobs presenting in the Keynote Theater on the top floor and that was it. Our wallets popped out faster than you can say Jonathan Ive and we plunked down whatever money was needed to own this amazing playset.
Of course, once we had the playset, we had to get the optional Line Pack to simulate our own exciting Apple product launches. Since it comes with a tiny Woz on a tiny Segway, it was a no-brainer. We decided that Apple & PLAYMOBIL™ together is the most unlikely and awesome collaboration ever. It changes everything.
Snag the PLAYMOBIL™ Apple Store “for the kids” then whisk it away to your office and set it on display. Over lunch, a bunch of us at ThinkGeek HQ get together and play Apple Store. Christian always gets to be Steve Jobs… damn it!
– Amazing PLAYMOBIL™ set introduces children to the magic of Apple technology
– Interactive play teaches important social interaction skills
– Includes everything pictured: entire store with figures and over 60 accessories
– Store comes fully staffed with PLAYMOBIL™ Apple Store associates
– Ground floor of Apple store features product demo tables, software shelves and kids corner
– Top floor includes Genius Bar and Keynote Theater with mini Steve Jobs figure
– Use your own real iPhone 4 as the screen behind Steve Jobs in the Keynote Theater (downloadable simulated keynote presentation available on the PLAYMOBIL™ website)
– Purchase the optional Line Pack and stage your own Apple Device launch party!
– Entire store measures 72 cm long x 36 cm deep x 40 cm high
– Officially licensed Apple product