I’m not sure if this is news to everyone else, but it is too cool not to mention. Warner Bros is giving away Several actual Sword of Omens From Thundercats at Comic-Con!
Seriously? How freakin cool is that?!? From the video, which features the sword maker, Dragon, it looks like it is the full long sword, complete with Changable cat and eye logo for the hilt.
Generally, I avoid the WB booth just because the crowds can get so hectic. Now I’m going to have to get over there and enter to win it!
Here are the details and a video about the making:
– Handcrafted by Renegade Effects Group, by the artisan Dragon, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs – but just as tough), and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.
– Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.
– Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to enter.
– In addition to this special giveaway, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be handing out free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens on Friday, July 22 and Sunday, July 24.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the other stuff that they’ll be giving away at the WB booth this year:
– Fans will be treated to numerous giveaways at the booth throughout Comic-Con. Must-have items include:
– Limited-edition Looney Tunes buttons from Warner Bros. Consumer Products
– Young Justice playing cards and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Mates monsters from Warner Bros. Animation
– Puzzle cubes from Cartoon Network
– Lt. Jim Gordon replica eyeglasses from Batman: Year One, collectible salt shakers from Supernatural and Supernatural: The Anime Series, and The Vampire Diaries Blood Bag water bottles from Warner Home Video
– Harry Potter pins from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
– Fringe luggage tags from Warner Bros. Television
– WB Games scavenger hunt cards redeemable for prize bags that include LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5–7 mini figures and T-shirt, Batman: Arkham City water bottle, Bastion bandana and The Lord of the Rings: War in the North magnet. Also being given away are The Big Bang Theory: Mystic Warlords of Ka’a game cards from WB Games.
– DC Entertainment will hand out copies of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1, which gives attendees a first look at all 52 highly anticipated first issues, including an exclusive preview of JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 by Jim Lee and Geoff Johns. Additionally, QR codes will be handed out in the booth giving Comic-Con attendees access to exclusive new THE NEW 52 behind-the-scenes content.
– And more!