In a move that’s making us feel like we should have held off on buying the Red Mandarin Spawn that is currently littering pegs at Target, McFarlane Toys has announced that they’ll be releasing a deluxe version of the figure that comes with an assortment of accessories much closer to the original figures that were released 20 years ago. Along with the new weapons and shield, you’ll also get better paint apps, more articulation, a mini poster, and a $20 price bump up from the standard edition (at least at GameStop.) The retailer currently has the standard release figure listed for $24.99 and the deluxe version for $44.99. It will be interesting to see if all buying on the standard edition stops as people start pre-ordering the deluxe edition. We can’t fault Todd for trying to make as much as he can, but maybe next time he should wait until the standard version is off the shelves before he releases the deluxe.
The Scarlet Edge was a brutal and peerless Warrior from an ancient feudal society. He was master of combat in all forms, until his savage death in a war against an Army of the Undead. Enraged at his defeat, he returns to Earth to gain his revenge as Mandarin Spawn. Where he seeks to do battle ..and test his skills against the greatest Warriors this world can offer…
- Incredibly detailed 7” scale figure based off the Todd McFarlane’s Spawn Comic Series
- Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing and play
- Featured in Spawn themed window boxed packaging
- This Mandarin Spawn has newly sculpted features such as head armor and accessories
- Mandarin Spawn comes with two swords, a lance, a double edged sword, a shield, a Mandarin Spawn Mini Poster, and a base
You can pre-order the deluxe Mandarin Spawn from Gamestop HERE.