Fans have been waiting for a massive Marvel Legends Sentinel from Hasbro for years and today they’ll have their chance as Haslab has just launched the crowdfunding project for the X-Men Legends Marvel’s Sentinel. At over 26″ tall, the new figure is one of the most impressive to ever be released by Hasbro, but at $350, it’s going to be a hard sell for a lot of collectors in the current economy. With that said, just a few hours after launching, the campaign already has 1,600 backers.
The campaign is sure to be a big one for the company, as they’ve already teased mystery bonuses when they hit 7k, 8k, and 9k backers. Check out all the pics and details below and try not to drool. Then just think about if it’s worth the $350, or if you’d rather spend that on the 17 Marvel Legends figures you could buy in the future for the same investment.
Its body a towering, technological marvel, the Sentinel scans the world for its quarry, a searching light emanating from its chest, its glowing eyes a warning… and a threat. Programmed with only one objective, to destroy all mutant life on Earth, the Sentinel will not hesitate, will not falter, and will never ever stop hunting.
Rising from the pages of Marvel comics, appearing in everything from cartoons to movies to video games, the Sentinel is as a monumental part of Marvel lore, an iconic enemy of the X-Men, and, now, the first-ever Marvel Legends HasLab project.
Hasbro Pulse invites you to join us in bringing this project to life, with all the features and detailing you know and love from the Marvel Legends 6-inch line:
- 26.3-inch (669 mm) Sentinel figure
- LEDs in the head and chest (2x AAA batteries required, not included)
- 18-inch Sentinel “tentacle” accessory
- Marvel Legends 6-inch Bastion figure with 6-Inch alternate Sentinel Prime head
- Marvel Insider Points Redemption code (70,000 points per purchase, limit 2 code redemptions per account) & X-Men #14 (1963) digital comic to read in the Marvel Comics app (available in iOS and Android). Open to US residents 18+. Terms apply.