Delorean Time Machine. Touted as “the most screen accurate Back to the Future Delorean Time Machine replica to ever appear on eBay,” a listing for the time machine and pop culture icon has found its way on the auctioning blocks for a cool $89 grand.
According to the seller, changes in his/her life are forcing them to part with it and it’s built from a stock 1981 Delorean DMC-12 entirely by Gary Weaver, owner of www.bttfparts.com. Amazingly, the vehicle also comes with a dizzying array of features not found in most Time Machine replicas:
• Built on a beautiful, super-clean, stock 1981 5-speed manual transmission DMC-12 with over $16,000 of mechanical work and upgrades performed at DMC California in September of 2008. Approx. 78K miles on vehicle.
• Programmable time circuits which function just like those in the film.
• Functioning digital speedometer on the dashboard (reads actual vehicle speed).
• Main Time Circuit switch functions just like in the film, with all sound effects.
• All interior indicators and switches light up, just like in the film,
• Sound effects for door openings.
• Includes “Plutonium rods,” which can be loaded in to the “reactor” on the rear of car, just like in the film.
• Exterior flux band lighting
• Custom “95 MPH” in-dash speedometer like the one mocked up for the film. The stock Delorean speedometer only goes up to 85MPH.
• Screen-accurate “OUTATIME” metal-stamped license plate with 1986 registration tag.
• Eagle Goodyear GT tires, as seen in the film (not pictured).