We’ve got days for just about anything. National Meatball day was on March 9th, how did you celebrate?!? With Star Wars having May 4th, it only makes sense that other big franchises would start claiming their own days. That is how 4/26 has now been tagged as Alien day.
This isn’t a bad thing. It means that fans of the Alien franchise will not only be easily spotted via their chest burster shirts, but that all collectors can get excited over a ton of great new merch set to hit the markets on the day.
The item getting the most attention right now are the Reebok’s Stomper shoes that Ridley wore. If you are a shoe collector, I’m sure having a replica of her sneakers is super cool. Personally, I’ve got my eye on other things. Check out this list of collectibles slotted for the market:
-NECA announces the first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure; as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure
– FUNKO will release an ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series
– HOT TOYS – The Hong Kong-based collectible manufacturer is announcing an all-new ALIEN Ripley 1/6th figure
– KOTOBUKIYA – The Japanese manufacturer unleashes an assortment of highly detailed collectables this spring including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from ALIENS and mini “Big Chap” figurines posed to strike up conversation around your home or office!
– SUPER 7 – The San Francisco based designer toy and apparel company has developed several toys in honor of the ALIEN DAY: ALIEN Muscle figures on card; ALIEN ReAction carrying case with exclusive ALIEN figure; Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit; Japanese vinyl Queen and ALIENS Glassware
– LOOT CRATE – The monthly mystery subscription box for pop culture fans will launch a limited-edition ALIENS 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners.
– HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES to release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas
– MEDICOM TOY – Japan-based toy company MEDICOM TOY will release VCD (vinyl super deformed) – ALIEN figure and retro style ALIEN figure via Diamond Comics
– DARK HORSE COMICS expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986
– USAopoly – Launches a pair of classic board games with a thrilling twist: YAHTZEE ALIEN VS PREDATOR and CLUE: ALIEN VS PREDATOR
– TITAN BOOKS launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon
– INSIGHT EDITIONS – The illustrated pop culture book publisher will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
– THE UPPER DECK COMPANY – The leading trading card company will launch ALIENS Anthology Collector Trading Card and the ALIENS “Vs” Trading Card Game system
– DC ENTERTAINMENT – Together with Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment will re-release the fan-favorite Batman VS ALIEN comics for the first time in over a decade
– FRIGHT RAGS – Horror apparel retailer Fright Rags will release limited edition ALIEN-themed apparel
Available on Audible; a brand new audio drama, Alien: Out of the Shadows – starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role, Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) is a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.
Fans can also anticipate some big events like an Alien movie marathon at the Alamo Draft House theaters in 20 locations around the country, as well as an all day Aliens Twitter trivia question where smart fans with good wifi signals can wing awesome prize packs from 20th Century Fox.