Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead might not be the rating powerhouse that it starts out as, but it is big enough that AMC is making on turning the comic book adaptation into an even bigger franchise with multiple movies and possibly even more spin-offs. What a lot of Walking Dead fans don’t realize, however, is that Kirkman is known more than just Zombies. He’s also the creator of the critically acclaimed comic book series, Invincible, which is now being adapted into an animated series by Amazon.
Today, the streaming network announced that the R-rated superhero story has now been fully-cast and the talent set to take on the voices is nothing less than spectacular. Here’s the breakdown:
– Mark Grayson will be voiced by Walking Dead/ Voltron Legendary Defender star, Steven Yeun
– Omni Man will be voiced by Spider-Man/ Whiplash star, J.K. Simmons.
The supporting cast of the show includes:
– Sandra Oh (Killing Eve),
– Seth Rogen,
– Gillian Jacobs (Community)
– Andrew Rannells (Black Monday)
– Zazie Beetz (Atlanta/ Deadpool 2)
– Mark Hamill (Star Wars, Batman’s The Joker)
– Walton Goggins (Justified)
– Jason Mantzoukas (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
– Mae Whitman (Good Girls/ Parenthood)
– Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley)
– Melise (The Flash)
– Kevin Michael Richardson (Young Justice/American Dad)
– Grey Griffin (Avengers Assemble)
– Max Burkholder (Parenthood)
In addition to the new series, there is also a film in development with Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg working the script (when they aren’t working on The Preacher or The Boys).