There’s been a lot of scattered news coming out about the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie that will simultaneously act as a sequel to man of steel, a reboot to Batman, and a lead in to Justice League. Thankfully, insiders like Bill “Jett” Ramey, from Batman-on-Film have all the inside information on the film and are willing to share. He goes out of the way to make sure we all know that none of this is confirmed, but he’s got a great record of breaking news on Batman movies through his inside sources. Some of the update is stuff we already knew, but other things (like the fact that Wonder Woman is going to be a Kryptonian) are a bit mind-blowing.
-Martian Manhunter and Aquaman will not appear in the film.
– The first official still of Affleck in costume should be released really soon.
– Superman/Clark Kent will unequivocally be the main character of Batman vs Superman, meaning this will not be some covert Justice League movie.
– Lex Luthor will be in the movie, but he will not be the only villain. Jett refuses to reveal the second one, only stating that this other character is highly rumored to be in the film. Might this mean Doomsday?
– On the size of Wonder Woman’s (Gal Gadot) part in the film, he theorizes it’s going to be something akin to Black Widow (Scarlett Johannson) in Iron Man 2. He also speculates that she, and the island of Amazons from which she comes, will be descendants of the Kryptonians that landed on earth centuries ago to survey the planet.
– There won’t be any Bat-villains in BvS.
– The script’s characterization of Batman seems to be derived from Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond, with a bit of Kingdom Come.
– Throughout his answers, he makes several references to “bat armor.”
Batman vs Superman will hit theaters July 17, 2015.