This November, The Hunger Games will comes to an end with the release of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. today, the cast and crew took the stage of Hall H to get 6500 lucky fans even more pumped for the film.
In attendance at the panel were: director Francis Lawrence, producer Nina Jacobson, and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, and Willow Shields.
With Conan O’Brien as the moderator (the cast will be on his show tonight), drummers dressed as District 13 soldiers took the stage and then showed this video:
-Francis Lawrence promised fans that we’ll finally see Katniss getting back in the action after mostly being catatonic in the last movie (my words, not his). He also promised battle footage and really exciting stuff.
-We learned that much of the film was shot in Europe (for the battle scenes) compared to the other movies that were filmed almost entirely in Atlanta.
– Jennifer Lawrence says that her favorite moment in all the movies is coming up in the finale.
– Liam Hemsworth said that for the first time in the whole series, we’ll finally see Gale off the bench and in the action. He said that several of his scenes will actually be with the character of Beetee in the movie.
– On which movie was most gratifying, Francis Lawrence said Mockingjay Part 2 as it brings closure to the story.
– There are parts of the movie that even Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t know about. At one point in the panel, Hemsworth and Hutcherson talked about a really emotional scene they did together involving their love triangle.
– While the complete new trailer was shown at the panel, we won’t be seeing it online or in theaters any time soon. It had a lot of new footage including Katniss heading towards her final showdown with Snow.
When asked about the epilogue, Jennifer Lawrence said that only she and Hutcherson were on set. Neither Woody Harrelson or Liam Hemsworth are in the scene.
Personally, the last movie was a bit of a chore to get through, but I’m excited about this one. I love closure. I’ll watch the final episode of almost any tv series. I’ll definitely be checking this one out.