Today, CBS All Access dropped the newest trailer for the upcoming adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand for their streaming platform. While the book has been out for ages and the story has previously been adapted for televsion, the new series will offer a new take on the story with a completely new coda written by King.
Whether you are familiar with the all too timely apocalyptic tale or not, just the cast is enough of a reason to give this new series a try. The series, which bows on December 17th, features:
- Whoopi Goldberg as Mother Abagail
- Alexander Skarsgård as Randall Flagg
- James Marsden as Stu Redman
- Odessa Young as Frannie Goldsmith
- Jovan Adepo as Larry Underwood
- Amber Heard as Nadine Cross
- Owen Teague as Harold Lauder
- Henry Zaga as Nick Andros
- Brad William Henke as Tom Cullen
- Irene Bedard as Ray Bretner
- Nat Wolff as Lloyd Henreid
- Eion Bailey as Weizak
- Heather Graham as Rita Blakemoor
- Katherine McNamara as Julie Lawry
- Fiona Dourif as Ratwoman
- Natalie Martinez as Dayna Jurgens
- Hamish Linklater as Dr. Jim Ellis
- Daniel Sunjata as Cobb
- Greg Kinnear as Glen Bateman.
THE STAND is Stephen King’s apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of mankind rests on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abagail (Whoopi Goldberg) and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg (Alexander Skarsgård), the Dark Man.