OK, if you haven’t been to San Diego Comic-Con then the idea of free bags probably doesn’t sound like that big a deal. However, in past years we’ve seen people crawling all over each other to try and get one of the limited edition canvas bags that make it easy to look cool when you are carrying around all the swag you bought at the con. Here’s the great news. While in the past only a lucky few were able to snag a bag, this year every single attendee will get one of the 11 DIFFERENT BAG STYLES that SDCC and Warner Bros are teaming up to make. What are you options?
“The Big Bang Theory”
“The Vampire Diaries,”
“Batman: The Brave and the Bold”
“The Looney Tunes Show,”
“Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”
“Clash of the Titans”
Here’s the official press release about the bags:
BURBANK, Calif. (July 14, 2010) — For the past four years, Warner Bros. Entertainment’s limited-edition, signature oversize canvas tote bags have been a must-have at Comic-Con, with tens of thousands of fans flocking to the Warner Bros. booth on the convention floor to snag one, and Entertainment Weekly once dubbing them the Con’s “ubiquitous accessory.” This year, Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) and Comic-Con are teaming up to put one directly in the hands of every attendee, with the Studio signing on as sponsor of the Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010 Official Bag.
* For Comic-Con 2010, the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing (WWTVM) unit has created 11 unique designs for the bags, with one side featuring the official Comic-Con 2010 artwork designed by WWTVM and the other side representing titles from across a number of WBE divisions, including Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment
* More than 125,000 collectible bags (24″X29″) have been produced and will be distributed to attendees when they check in at Comic-Con throughout the five days of the convention, including Preview Night
* Today, WBE and Comic-Con are unveiling artwork for four of the WBE bags, as well as artwork for the official Comic-Con side of the bags:
o Warner Bros. Animation series “The Looney Tunes Show,” coming soon to Cartoon Network
o Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s “Batman: The Brave and the Bold – The Videogame,” inspired by Warner Bros. Animation’s hit animated series based upon characters from DC Comics. The Videogame is available on Wii and Nintendo DS September 7. New episodes of “Batman: The Brave and the Bold” air Fridays at 7:30 p.m. on Cartoon Network, and “Batman: The Brave and the Bold” Season 1, Part 1 is available on DVD August 17.
o DC Comics’ best-selling “Brightest Day” comic book series
o Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s Blu-ray™, DVD and digital download release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Clash of the Titans,” available July 27
* To download images of “The Looney Tunes Show,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold – The Videogame,” “Brightest Day” and “Clash of the Titans” bag sides, as well as the official Comic-Con 2010 artwork side of the bags, please click here:
* To download images of the creative fashions that fans have put together utilizing the Warner Bros. bags in the past, please click here:
* Other sponsored bags will feature the following titles:
o Warner Bros. Television series “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Human Target,” “Nikita” and “The Vampire Diaries”
o Warner Bros. Animation series “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”
* For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBSDCC, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon, and read news at www.thewb.com/blog.
Created annually since 2006 by the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing unit specifically for Comic-Con, the highly sought-after totes provide devoted fans with a handy carrying case for all the merchandise they take away from the Con and serve as mobile billboards for a selection of the Studio’s key Comic-Con titles.